Delta Brain Waves: 9 Things You Should Probably Know
Delta brain waves are the slowest, mysterious, most trippy and least understood of all of the natural brain wave states. Frankly, delta is a pretty mysterious place to be.
What we do know is that delta brain waves occur between the frequency of 0.5 - 4Hz, and are the brain waves we experience during deep, dreamless sleep.
Because there is no (or very little) recall from test subjects about what delta feels like, there is lots of speculation as to what actually happens when your brain produces delta brain waves.
This article will introduce a few of the saner and crazier theories, to give you an idea of what's going on inside that brain of yours when it drops down into delta.
Please note - it is *very* unlikely that brain wave entrainment tools will help you to remain conscious in the delta state anytime soon (well, I've been trying for quite a while, at least, and I haven't heard of many people who can). I'n fact, Ive read that even Zen Masters have difficulty staying awake at this low level. There are some products that come pretty close though (see below).
Anyway, here's nine things you may not have known about delta brain waves...
Delta Brain Waves - Need to Know
1) It is VERY rare to remain conscious in this state, so it's very mysterious as to what our brains are actually up to when they are producing delta waves.
2) It is our LOWEST level of brain wave activity - any lower and we are "brain dead". Ahem.
3) Many people believe that delta brain waves provide access to God, "Infinite Intelligence", or the "Collective Unconscious" mind. Google it and have a look for yourself, before dismissing it out of hand :)
4) In the final stages of pregnancy, the baby in the womb has delta brain waves as its dominant state. That baby will be pretty damn chilled out. Nice.
5) During infancy, from around 3 months to 1 year (approximately - there's a few conflicting studies here) delta brain waves are the dominant level of brain wave activity. I can't really remember too much of that period, personally, so I'll take their word for it.
6) Before we die, delta brain waves are the final waves that we produce. Erm... nice to know, I suppose.
7) We get delta waves when we are in a deep, non-dreaming sleep. There are some claims - notably from tools like Brain Evolution System and Holosync - that it is possible to reach this state and remain conscious in delta. I don't think I've managed it yet, but if you're up for a challenge, check them out and have a go yourself. This is the level that even Zen Masters reportedly find difficult to maintain, so you'll be out-Zen'ing the pros if you manage to pull it off.
8) It is a seemingly unconscious state - there is very little recall of memory from people who have been experiencing delta brain waves. It's like we're just off somewhere else...
9) It is linked with production of human growth hormone, serotonin, DHEA and lots of other "good" chemicals in the body, which binaural beats and isochronic tones are also good at doing so too. Have a look at the binaural beat research for the stats.
-We experience delta brain waves in the womb, and then loads through infancy.
-After that, unfortunately we tend to grow up and start to use our brains for other purposes, and mysteriously forget how to access it consciously any more. Oops.
-Then we only experience delta when we are in a deep, dreamless sleep - until it's time for us to die, in which case it's back to delta for the journey. Boom!
-In short, there are lots of suggestions that delta brain waves are incredibly beneficial for us - we just don't know why exactly.
-There are some tools that claim to be able to take you consciously into delta, however this would take a lot of practice (from my 3 years + experience). By all means give it a go, but don't expect instant access to delta.
If you want to have a go at reaching delta, first I would recommend getting to grips with consciously accessing alpha brain waves and theta brain waves, which will help you to relax, slow down your brain waves and produce the "happy chemicals" which make the experience so bloody pleasurable :)
When you have mastered this - and please don't rush it because it's an awesome, challenging and fun learning curve - perhaps then you can try using binaural beats or isochronic tones to get into the delta state on demand.
Try Brain Evolution System (best and with a price tag to match) or Unexplainable Store (cheap as chips, big variety, good quality).
Please note - if you click on those links I do get a cut. Not a huge cut, but a cut nonetheless. That helps me to build this website and share information with lots of cool people, which is awesome.
Needless to say, even though I get paid, please know that there is no BS here - I use all the products myself - lots - and they are awesome. I wouldn't say so otherwise, and I wouldn't waste my time building this website either.
I've used a lot of crap products over the years, and wasted a lot of money, and I know how baffling the competing products can seem. These ones are all top quality, and have irod clad money back guarantees. I've made the mistakes, now you don't have to. Unless you want to, of course ;)
However - please don't feel obliged to click the links. I mean that. If you're not down with me earning part of my living from this site, that's totally cool dude/ette, I truly ain't got any beef with ya. Just Google the companies and you'll find them in 2 seconds flat. Use them and feel the power! Good luck :)
If you do want to research the market further, there are worse places to start than with my detailed dossier into the Top Brain Wave Toys, which compares the finer details and pros / cons of five of the best products I have come across (out of dozens and dozens... see above... oops).
Otherwise, good luck on your quest for delta brain waves, and let me know how you get on! Boom!
Enjoyed reading this? Then please hit one of the buttons below & share the knowledge!